The gap ministry that provides basic pieces of furniture and appliances to our neighbors may be the best known of the resources that Love INC coordinates. Our partners at St. Michael’s Catholic Church of Greenfield have selflessly teamed up to carry out this ministry for many years. They pick up donations, deliver items to the family and set things up. Neither heat of summer nor blowing snow keeps them home. Many thanks to this dedicated group.
Points of interest regarding the Furniture and Appliance Ministry:
- We only accept electric ranges and dryers due to safety issues surrounding installation of gas appliances
- Starting August 1 we had to start paying for storage of the inventory. We have an urgent need for donated space for this storage.
- Appliances need to be in working condition as we do not have repair capability
- Inventory levels seem to run in cycles so check with the Clearinghouse (468-6300) to verify current needs.
- We can almost always use washers, dryers and full and queen beds sets.
- King size bed sets generally will not fit in the homes we are delivering to and raise signficant delivery issues so we do not accept king sets.
The team can always use help – most action takes place on Saturdays. If you are willing to help with this vital ministry, call the Clearinghouse.